Mitigating the damage caused by a catastrophe is possible if you have the right resources. These resources are instrumental in warning you of imminent danger. Radio is the ideal resource for you if you are living in a disaster-prone area. For example, tornadoes stay on the ground for 12 minutes on average in the Tornado Alley. In other areas, they stay on the ground for five minutes or less. Go for a radio resource if you live in a disaster-prone area. Here are the top 5 radio resources to have saved to memory.
1. Midland WR400
The Midland WR400 is a desktop weather radio. Many people consider it as the best NOAA radio in the market. Filtering alerts are one of its most incredible features. For example, filtering sea-based warnings is possible if you live in the middle of mainland America. Another reason why remembering this radio station is an excellent idea is that it can serve several functions. For example, it works as an alarm clock. That means you can replace your current alarm clock with a device that has several uses.
2. The Midland ER310
The Midland ER310 is an emergency radio. That means it will help you reach other people if you find yourself isolated from everyone else. Usually, that happens in case of a power outage or a significant emergency. Save it to memory because you never know when you will need it. This radio keeps working even when power sources are unavailable because it has a broad range of safeguards. That includes a rechargeable Lithium battery, six AA batteries, and solar power. You can power it using a USB cable connected to a computer. Hand cranking it is also possible.
3. The Midland WR120EZ
The Midland WR120EZ is an inexpensive desktop weather radio. It has a public alert certification like the Midland WR400, but it can display weather alerts in three languages, unlike the Midland WR400. These languages are English, French, and Spanish. Keep it in mind if you have family members or colleagues who speak any of these languages. The Midland WR120EZ is also ideal for multilingual areas in the US and Canada. These areas include Quebec in Canada and California in the United States.
4. The Eton FRX5BT
The Eton FRX5BT is an emergency radio. Many people consider it as the best hand-crank radio in the market. Interestingly, it has the largest crank or any hand crank emergency radio in the market. Therefore, turning the crank and charging the radio is a quick and straightforward process. However, it has other sources of power as well including a 2000mAh Lithium Battery. This battery is rechargeable. You can charge the Eton FRX5BT with energy from the sun or a USB cable connected to a computer.
5. The Sangean CL-100
The Sangean CL-100 is a weather radio that doubles up as a clock and AM/FM receiver. More specifically, the CL-100 has FM-RBDS. Remembering it is an excellent idea because it seems to be the only weather radio with FM-RBDS. Unlike the Midland WR400, among others, the Sangean CL-100 relies on DC power. It has four AA batteries. This also has an interesting feature known as an HWS, which stands for a Human Wake-Up System. In this system, the alarm sound increases until you wake up because you cannot bear it. Buy these radios so that receiving information from a radio weather station is easy despite the conditions that you are facing.
People face different challenges when they are trying to sell their home. Some of these challenges include evaluating market conditions, choosing a realtor, and preparing the home for sale. Another one is having the patience to wait for the right buyer. Listing your property would help you overcome some of these challenges. For example, the right buyer will come to you as soon as he sees your listing. You can list your property through a commission or flat fee service. Here are 4 benefits to using a flat fee listing service to sell your home.
1. Direct Contact with Potential Buyers and Real Estate Agents
A flat fee means that the individual who did the listing has no interest in what you discuss with other people. That happens because this individual already got what he wanted. More specifically, he received the flat fee that he charged you. In contrast, commission-based listings have a continued interest in the discussions you have with other people. Their principal aim is to protect their commission so they limit what you can discuss with potential buyers and real estate agents. You cannot talk to them at all in many cases. Work with a flat fee listing company so that you can have the freedom to talk to anyone at any time.
2. Flat-Fee Listing Tilts the Power of Negotiation Tilts in Your Favor
Negotiation skills are critical when you are trying to sell a home. They help you arrive at a price that is acceptable to the buyer and favorable to you. Developing these skills takes time. A number of factors influence your negotiating ability as well. Communication is one of these factors. You cannot negotiate effectively unless you have unfettered access to the other party in the negotiation. Negotiating is also difficult when a third party has an interest in the negotiations because they are still waiting for their commission. Flat-fee listing removes these impediments for you shifting the negotiation power to you because you are one seller dealing with potential buyers.
3. Flat-Fee Listing Helps You Keep as Much Money as Possible
Sellers sell their home for various reasons. Perhaps they are moving to another area. Some of them need the money for settling debts or handling emergencies. However, there is one common thread among all home sellers. This thread is the fact that home sellers want as much money as possible on their properties. Unfortunately, commissions received by commission-based listing services reduce their potential income substantially. That is not the case with flat fee listing services. People who run these services ask for a specific amount. The payment owed to them does not increase with an increase in the resale value of the home.
4. Flat-Fee Listing is a Straightforward Process
Selling a home is a complex legal process especially when it comes to changing the title of your home. Remember, a single missing detail means that the homebuyer cannot take a loan on the property until he sorts the problem. Therefore, everything must be perfect. At the same time, third parties who played a role in the selling process should receive compensation for this role. The sooner they receive it, then the less complicated the selling process is because it only remains with two parties. Companies offering flat fee MLS receive their cash and go. That leaves you and the seller even though you are still on the listing site. However, commission-based service providers never leave complicating the entire process for as long as the negotiations persist.
The most important reason to invest in a security system is the safety of your family. Your property comes second since you do not want criminals to destroy your many years of hard work. Fortunately, the importance of security systems surpasses safety. Security companies such as alarmrelay.com have gone a long way to improve their services. Today, your system can alert emergency personnel before you even decide to call them. If all the questions about the importance of securing your property are bobbing in your mind, you are in the right place. Here are five reasons to invest in a security system for your property.
1. Securing your family and property. The first reason to invest in a security system is to secure your family and property. According to the newest home burglary report, every 1 minute, four burglary takes place. This figure translates to around 6,000 thefts in a day. A home burglary can happen to anyone including you. Installing a security system protects your home and valuables. The security system means you keep your family safe from potential break-ins. The FBI burglary report states that 1 in 3 homes without a security system will fall victim to break-ins compared to 1 in 250 households with security systems.
2. Protection from fires. A security system can also protect your property from fires. Have a security camera in place. There is always a report on home fires. A home security system provides the early warning signs of smoke in the house. Heat detectors will warn you about sources of heat. These detectors can determine if a fire is about to build up and provide you with prior notice of the smallest changes in temperature. As a result, you can act fast and prevent any fire from destroying your property.
3. Manage Electricity. Home security helps you to monitor your home’s energy use. Many people leave their homes only to realize that they left a light on or some accessory running. Some home security systems have features that allow you to shut off the appliance remotely. You can also shut down heating or cooling devices when no one is at home and turn them back on just before you arrive.
4. Lower your Insurance Premium. If you own a house (or thinking of having one), you must think of insurance. Home insurance is one reason you need home security. The insurance cost depends on coverage, payment option, location type of home, and other factors. The homeowner’s insurance policy covers losses and damages that may occur from different devastating events. Many insurance companies offer discounts to homeowners who have installed a security system. The companies realize that you have already taken measures to protect against loss and damage.
5. Protect from Odorless Gas. Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas found in combustion fumes. If unchecked, the gas could build up and lead to carbon monoxide poisoning leading to death. You can fit your home security system with carbon monoxide detectors. The detectors will signal you if there are high levels of carbon monoxide before it is too late.
While all these are the right reasons to have a security system installed in your home, you must prepare for the monthly maintenance costs.
If your baby sleeps well at night, the same is bound to happen to you because you don’t have to worry about waking up every hour to rush to your baby’s room. If you find yourself getting woken up by those cries more often during the night, the following tips will help you get your baby to get a better night of sleep;
Comfort is key
If you want your baby to have a better night of sleep, then make sure that he is comfortable before going to bed. Ensure that he is in comfortable pajamas that are made of soft cotton and that they are not too tight. Also, a comfortable crib is another great way to ensure that your baby sleeps well at night. Check the temperatures of the room to make sure that they offer a favorable environment for your baby to sleep in.
One of the reasons your baby doesn’t sleep well at night may be because of your inconsistent nighttime routine. Just like grown-ups, a baby needs to have a night time routine that allows her to go to bed at a certain time. Establishing a consistent nighttime routine will help to create good sleep patterns for your baby. So, if you like reading her stories or singing to them to prepare her to sleep, then ensure you do so a few minutes before bedtime and repeat the same every day.
Don’t be too quick to respond
If you are always quick to rush to your baby’s room every time he calls out then you may be forced to do so until he grows up a little older. Babies learn quickly, so if they are used to your quick response, it may remain like that for a long while. Delay for a few seconds when the child cries and stay even longer the next time he starts crying in the middle of the night. However, your baby’s raspy voicemay not be his usual snuffle, so when you notice strange sounds then make a doctor’s appointment for him.
Give larger portions during dinner time
Another trick to ensuring that your baby sleeps well at night is to increase her dinner portions. The lighter her dinner will be, the more she is likely to wake up at night hungry. This is why you need to ensure that her dinner portions are more compared to other meals during the day. If you are breastfeeding, stay a bit longer than you normally do and if she feeds on formula then make sure there are a few more ounces than her normal feed.
Every parent knows the struggle of waking up several times in the night every day to tend to their baby’s needs. There is no specific way to help your baby sleep better at night, but a few adjustments will go a long way to help her sleep well. Try out the above tips and find out what works best for your baby then stick to it.