Yesterday someone asked me if I read I lot. I said that, yes, I try to read as much as I can. She replied, “I can tell.”
That, my friends, is my idea of an amazing compliment.
I must admit, though, that lately I haven’t been reading as often as I know I should be. I blame it on my newly developed habit of TV show binge-watching. Truth is, becomes extra challenging for me to keep up with my writing when I slow down on reading, and of course this is never a good thing when you write for a living.
A few nights ago, I picked up where I left off on the last Secret Book Club BOM I started, Tender at the Bone. This was last September’s book assignment. I actually have a lot of catching up to do, because I only got to read one book from last year’s BOM list. I also skipped a few of the recommended books from the year before. That’s okay, though. I’m happy to be entering into my birth month with a list of books waiting to be read.
In the interest of keeping track of my reading progress, I thought I’d share our reading lists from the past two years here. I love how the different members of our little reading community recommend different kinds of books. It’s always fun finding new authors and series to fall in love with.
Done with our September BOM and starting on our assigned book for August. Yes, I am working my way backwards through my book club backlog. Only 3% in and I am already loving this one. Light and witty with bonus recipes in between stories. Fab reco @sinfullysabrina! ? #tenderatthebone #ruthreichl #secretbookclub #bookofthemonth
A photo posted by MrsC | Patricia Cuyugan (@mrspcuyugan) on
SBC Reading List
Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith / JK Rowling
- Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco – I’ve tried and failed many times to read this one. 🙁
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan Losing It by Cora Carmack
- Arabian Nights by Sir Richard Burton
Belong To Me by Marisa delos Santos This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
- The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira– I loved this one! So depressing. Lol! Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- Fortunately The Milk by Neil Gaiman
- Paper Towns by John Green
Still Alice by LisaGenova – This book made me cry!!!
- Islands of Chaldea by Diana Wynne Jones
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami– I read this years ago, but it’s on my re-read list!
- Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson
- Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
- One Summer by David Baldacci
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
On Dublin Street by Samantha Young– This was super funny!
- Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl
- The Residence by Kate Anderson Brower
- Elegance of a Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
I’ll cross titles off of this list as I finish reading, and I’ll update it at the end of the year, too, to include the 2016 list. Read along with me if you’d like to, then let me know if you enjoyed any of the books on this list, okay?
I also found these links (discovered through my book club, too!) bookmarked on my computer. More books to read!
- 200 superb books everyone should read at least once
- Ten superb books from 2015 you should add to your reading list
- 13 Books To Read Before They Become Movies In 2016
- 43 Books You Won’t Be Able To Stop Talking About
- 37 YA Books You Need To Add To Your Reading List
- 32 Books That Will Actually Change Your Life
- 14 Books That Will Make You A Wiser Person
- 12 Books Everyone Should Read
- 21 Female Authors You Should Be Reading
- Refinery29’s Reading List
- The “Mad Men” Reading List
- 12 Banned Books Every Woman Should Read
- 50 Of The Most Beautiful Sentences In Literature
As you can see, I am slightly obsessed with book lists.
What’s on your 2016 reading list?