Today, I turn 31.
I actually started the day with grim news. Instead of letting that weigh me down though, I choose to take the situation as a reminder that each new day is most definitely something worth celebrating. Although, I do still feel some heaviness in my chest because this is the kind of thing that you don’t shake off that easily. But today is a day to be thankful for, and so is the gift of another year.
Life has taught me a whole bunch of lessons in my 31 years. Today, I want to share with you the ones that I feel are the most important. This is my way of giving back for all the well-wishes, prayers and greetings that I received from family and friends, both in person and online, on this special day in my life.
31 Important Life Lessons I’ve Learned So Far
- You were not meant to be alone. Allow people to come into your life.
- Spend as much time as you can with the people who matter to you.
- Never be afraid to say I love you.
- Never hesitate to say I’m sorry.
- If it’s meant to be, it will happen.
- Unless you take a chance, you will never know.
- Do more of what you love.
- A positive outlook always makes a difference.
- There must always be room for a second chance.
- When in doubt, make sure you have a Plan B.
- Grab every good opportunity that comes your way.
- Live without regret.
- Save up for a rainy day.
- Make memories and document moments.
- Be genuinely grateful.
- Honesty will take you further than lies ever will.
- It’s the people you love the most who have the power to hurt you the most.
- Unconditional love is the stuff that good relationships are made of.
- Never walk out on an argument.
- There is a solution to every problem. Some solutions are just harder to accept.
- Coffee makes mornings better in an instant.
- In trying moments, grab a bag of Maltesers or a chocolate bar. Your heart will thank you, even if your hips choose not to.
- Build good habits while you are young.
- Never go to bed angry.
- Ice cream and cake can count as breakfast food, but only on special days.
- No matter how hard you plan, there is still a chance that things will go wrong. Learn to think on your feet.
- You control your own destiny.
- Moisturize, exercise and wear sunscreen.
- Say please, thank you and you’re welcome.
- Whitney was right. Learning to love yourself IS the greatest gift of all.
What is one important lesson that life has taught you? Please share in the comments. Consider it your birthday gift to me. Thanks in advance! 🙂